Friday, April 13, 2012

Flashback Friday

Title: The Best Is yet To Come
Author: Diana Palmer
Publication: Silhouette Desire #643
Release Date; June 1991
Rating: Photobucket

                I have a thing about childhood first love/growing up with your sweetheart stories; they make me weak in the knees.  Add to that element a young girl who worships her friend's much older brother and you’ve got a passion filled story.  Oh, did I tell you that the author is Diana Palmer?  If I see Palmer’s name on a cover I grab it up instantly without reading the back blurb, I just know it’s going to be a heart pounding, toe curling read.  I l am in love with her earlier works for Silhouette Desire (sadly Silhouette is no more) but Diana Palmer is still here.
                There is one of her books I just cannot let go of; the cover pulls me in to read it over and over again.  I never get tired reading Ryder and Ivy’s story.  I mean really?  How does Palmer write such gripping plot lines and intriguing characters?  I’ll never understand it.  Maybe part of the reason why she is so good is that her heroes are always cowboys-that’s why I love Lori Wilde too-but anyway I’m talking about The Best is Yet to Come; Palmer’s 1991 release.  And I can even tell you the number! Silhouette Desire # 643.  I used to love how Silhouette numbered their books, made it so very easy to find the one’s that you wanted!
          
                           I loved that Ryder had a quick temper with everyone else but Ivy, I love the passion that Ryder and Ivy share secretly even if they can’t express it even to themselves.  The only drawback I found after reading it after not having read it in years was the lack of communication.  GAWD!  Sometimes I just wanted to smack Ivy for being so young and innocent...so naive about Ryder's body language and actions towards her.  Thank God the heroine's of this century are a little better.  I can forgive Ryder his communication issues because...well...he's a man.  Men don't talk about feelings or anything to do with emotions.
                     
                                    I can’t even begin to tell you why I love this story so much! It could be the way Ryder calls Ivy honey in his silky smooth voice that has even me shivering with…well it makes my spine tingle how bout that?  Or it could be because Ryder hasn’t even looked at other women let alone touched one since he knew he was head over heels for his sister’s best friend.  There aren’t enough good things I can say about this early book of Diana Palmer’s, you will just have to take my word for it and buy it yourself.  See if I’m wrong.  Let me know how you like it in the comments below.
                       
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't like comments? Please leave as many as you like...