Monday, July 2, 2012

Review: The Cowboy and The Princess by Lori Wilde



Title The Cowboy and the Princess

Author: Lori Wilde

Publication: Avon

Release Date: July 31, 2012

Series: Jubilee, Texas Bk 2

Source: edelweiss


What’s a princess to do when she longs for another kind of life?

Why, run into the arms of a sexy cowboy.  What else?

                      When Brady Talmadge see’s a hitchhiker on the side of the road in the pouring rain, he feels a duty to rescue the person before they get deluged anymore than they already are.  But not long ago he had made a list of rules never to break and picking up stranded souls was number 1 on that list.  But when the hitchhiker turns out to be a woman, his code of honor calls out to him.

           Princess Annabella of Monesta is about to be married, but instead of a bachelorette party or some other fun way to celebrate the end of her singledom, Annabella decides to run away and experience life on the other side of the grass as Annie Costa.
                     Brady’s list of rules slowly evaporates along with the wall around his heart the longer he is around Annie. 
          Will Annie be around long enough to explore what she has in Brady’s arms or will her bodyguards who are right on her tail wisk her away from her new life?



My Review


         I was beside myself with joy when I scored an Arc of The Cowboy and the Princess, Book 2 in Lori Wilde’s  Jubilee, Texas series.  I had just finished The Cowboy Takes a Bride which is book 1, I had fallen in love with all the character’s in the book and not just Mariah and Joe ( who are the two main characters).
                The Cowboy and The Princess is your typical Wilde book in terms of writing and the setting.  I will say that the princess story has been overdone or should I say had been; I thought they threw out princess stories back in the 80’s when authors couldn’t invent anymore fictional kingdoms/countries.  I mean, I think it’s really farfetched in the 21st century to imagine royalty running away from their life for weeks on end even if it is to have an adventure outside what they are used to.  Am I the only one who thinks this?
                I would totally blast this plot line if it were any other author than Lori Wilde.  I think she is a true western author who can make anything seem real, and even though I really did not like book 2; I am looking forward to the next in this series.


My Rating

Photobucket                                                                         







Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't like comments? Please leave as many as you like...