Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Review: Caressed By Night by Amanda J. Greene



Caressed By Night
Amanda J. Greene
Self Published
Feb. 29, 2012
Rulers of Darkness #2
          




Dimitri Arsov, the last remaining pure vampire, was thought to be dead for the past four hundreds years. Now, he is back and has a score to settle with the traitor that had tried to kill him centuries ago. But as he waits for his prey to blindly step into his carefully laid trap, his overwhelming hunger for blood is triggered when he saves a beautiful art historian.

Kerstyn Ingmar’s life was normal and straight up boring until the night she is rescued by the dangerously sexy, powerfully mesmerizing, Dimitri. Unable to resist his diamond blue eyes and intense kisses, she is drawn into his world of darkness and closer to her impending doom.

While their desire consumes them, Dimitri is haunted by images of a bloody and deadly future. As his enemies draw near, he must find a way to save his mate from her destiny before fate destroys them both.

Photobucket



     I knew Caressed by Night was not going to be like the first book in this series Caressed by Moonlight.  First of all, Moonlight was a paranormal/historical and Night is paranormal/contemporary.   If no one has heard of Amanda J. Greene before now, you better get on board!

                I was wondering why Dorian didn’t kill Ven from Moonlight when he had the chance at the end, now I know why.  Ven was saved for the conflict in Night; and what a conflict!  The characters were beautifully written to where I was lost in the emotions between Kerstyn and Dimitri, even Falcon and Sonya got me at the end.

                Caressed by Night is full of passion, romance, and excitement.  But the thing that got me with this book was strange, to me anyway.  I get hooked on a book’s sexual heat level, the more sexual tension the better I say, and even though Caressed by Night had more than enough sex and sexual tension I was drawn in by the intimacy between Kerstyn and Dimitri.  They just seemed so right for each other. But that being said,  I was a little annoyed by Kerstyn’s best friend Denise but I guess some people are like that.  I can’t really give too much away though.  I was also annoyed by Kerstyn’s fate, I can’t really say too much about that either if you’re going to read the book.   Sorry!

                But really, Caressed by Night was sensual and magnetic.  I absolutely loved every page and I cannot wait for #3 in this series, Caressed by a Crimson Moon.

Photobucket








Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't like comments? Please leave as many as you like...