Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Review: True by Erin McCarthy



True

Erin McCarthy

Penguin Publishing

May 7, 2013


When Rory Macintosh’s roommates find out that their studious and shy friend has never been with a guy, they decide that, as an act of kindness they’ll help her lose her virginity by hiring confident, tattooed bad boy Tyler Mann to do the job…unbeknownst to Rory.

Tyler knows he’s not good enough for Rory. She’s smart, doctor smart, while he’s barely scraping by at his EMT program, hoping to pull his younger brothers out of the hell their druggy mother has left them in. But he can’t resist taking up her roommates on an opportunity to get to know her better. There’s something about her honesty that keeps him coming back when he knows he shouldn’t…

Torn between common sense and desire, the two find themselves caught up in a passionate relationship. But when Tyler’s broken family threatens to destroy his future, and hers, Rory will need to decide whether to cut her ties to his risky world or follow her heart, no matter what the cost…

 photo paws.gif


                    In the past I was a closeted reader, which is to say I mainly read mainstream historical and contemporaries. I have been branching out into different genres and find that I am loving being so open minded.  This year has me reading a new genre; not only to me but to the world.  New Adult.  And within this genre is Erin McCarthy, the authoress of the oh so hot and oh so talented NASCAR boys-Fast Track Series-, not one of which is Nolan Ford who is my personal fave.

        Excuse me while I swipe the drool hanging off my lip.

        Anyway, where was I?

        Oh yes, we were talking about Erin McCarthy’s latest in her New Adult venture entitled True-which is by the way an acronym-the story of good girl Rory McIntosh and bad boy Tyler Mann.

       Don’t we just absolutely love these good girl turns bad boy into a good boy kinds of stories?  I know I just can’t get enough of them.

          I loved the secondary characters so much, probably more than Rory and Tyler!  There aren’t enough romantic fiction books out there with loveable but mentally handicapped characters, and Tyler’s oldest brother who holds the family together just about took my attention away from Tyler as well.  I love a man who protects his own, not that Tyler can’t of course but I seem to like my men older.

     Anyway, while True was a very good addition to the New Adult genre and I would recommend reading it wholeheartedly; I wasn’t blown away with the relationship.  I guess I’m used to a little more sexual chemistry/tension coming off the page.  For me, that really is one of the most important elements I need to stay addicted to a series/author/book.


                Still, I can’t wait to read more from McCarthy.  I have been addicted to her since You Don’t know Jack.

 photo 4star2.png




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't like comments? Please leave as many as you like...