Thursday, November 21, 2013

Kissin My TBR Goodbye: Exposed by Kyra Davis

Hey!  This is a new meme I'm trying out here on my blog, hopefully this will help me get rid of this endless stack of books to read/review.  I'm going to try and shoot for once a week, but we'll see how it goes.
My first book in this new meme is part 2 of Kyra Davis Just One Night series.  If you want to read about the entire series just click on the title above.



Exposed
Kyra Davis
Just One Night #2
Pocket Star (March 18, 2013)
138 pgs






You should sleep with a stranger

Those words whispered in her ear by her best friend became a challenge Kasie took to heart. Suddenly, the man who gave her the most shocking pleasure in that upscale Vegas hotel —a man whose name she never bothered to find out —is her company’s biggest client. 

As this unknown man becomes Mr. Dade at the office, and Mr. Dade becomes Robert in the bedroom, Kasie’s passion won’t let her deny him anything he wants. But when her fiancé, Dave, finds out, there’s no telling what he will do to keep her, or what Robert will do to steal her away once and for all.


 photo paws.gif


I love reading anything with a domineering, sexually controlling hero; I’ve loved these heroes ever since Bared To You and Gideon Cross came into my life and woke me up to just how sexy powerful men can be. 
That being said, I’ve grown weary of these books that try to even capture Gideon’s limelight.

The Just One Night series comes dangerously close with a hotbed full of lust that could be love if redirected in the right way, the problem with this series is just that; it’s a three part series, 100 pgs total per book.  Why not spend a longer time writing the whole thing before sending it to a publisher?  Why break a compelling story up like this?

Exposed: Part 2 deals with Kasie’s fiancée Dave finding out about the one night in Vegas and the lover who is now one of Kasie’s clients.  Exposed deals with Kasie’s issues with control and how Robert does such a fine job of controlling her both inside and outside the bedroom.

That also being said, I just love Kyra Davis and I had no idea she had this kind of writing in her!  The last one I read of hers was a mystery entitled, Sex, Murder, and a Double Latte way back in 2009 I think.  That was book one in her mystery series which I highly recommend reading as well if you like hilarity and an entertaining plotline.


So yes, I would recommend reading Exposed, as well as the other two books in the series if you liked Bared To You.  I cannot wait to read the last book in The Just One Night series; Binding Agreement.


 photo 4star2.png

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't like comments? Please leave as many as you like...