Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Review: Faking It by Cora Carmack




Faking It

Cora Carmack


June 4th, 2013





Mackenzie “Max” Miller has a problem. Her parents have arrived in town for a surprise visit, and if they see her dyed hair, tattoos, and piercings, they just might disown her. Even worse, they’re expecting to meet a nice, wholesome boyfriend, not a guy named Mace who has a neck tattoo and plays in a band. All her lies are about to come crashing down around her, but then she meets Cade.

Cade moved to Philadelphia to act and to leave his problems behind in Texas. So far though, he’s kept the problems and had very little opportunity to take the stage. When Max approaches him in a coffee shop with a crazy request to pretend to be her boyfriend, he agrees to play the part. But when Cade plays the role a little too well, they’re forced to keep the ruse going. And the more they fake the relationship, the more real it begins to feel.

 photo paws.gif


I have to say, I wasn’t too enthused about Faking It after reading Losing It.  I loved, Loved, Loved Bliss and Garrick; and in my eyes nobody can top their romance not even Max and Cade.  But I have to say,I did feel a little sorry for Cade at the end of Losing It and I did want to see where his story was going to go.

That being said, I was kind of iffy about all of them moving to the same town.  I mean what’s the point of  moving on and starting fresh when your crush moves with you?  But Max Miller did get Cade’s mind off Bliss whenever she (Bliss) wasn’t in the picture.  And their romance was kind of cute. 

I’ll admit, I read Faking It a couple months ago, so I’m kind of lost on the details of what happened in the story and the general feeling I had when reading it and at the moment of closure when I turned the last page.  But the general overall feeling I have of Faking It was that it was a feel good romance unlike Losing It which was a steamy, hot and bothered kind of romance which stayed with me long after I turned the last page.

But overall (did I say that already)? I enjoyed Cade’s story very much and am excited to continue the series in Finding It.

 photo 4star2.png

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't like comments? Please leave as many as you like...