Friday, December 13, 2013

Review: Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (trailer included)


Title: Hush Hush
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Release Date; Oct 13, 2009
Hush Hush Saga BK 1





A SACRED OATH

A FALLEN ANGEL

A FORBIDDEN LOVE




Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.


But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.


For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life.



 photo paws.gif


Now, I’m not too big on the teen genre, or rather I wasn’t too big on this particular genre until New Adult books came out.  I love how the story lines have changed since Sweet Valley High (which was when I was growing up), I love the angst, the raw drama, and the sexual element doesn’t hurt either I must say.  Now, they have added the paranormal into the mix and it just blows my mind, I can’t get enough of it.

I was first drawn to this book by the cover (of course), an angel with black wings falling from heaven?  I couldn’t wait to dive into this story!  Plus, according to the publisher’s Xmas game I had to read it in just 24 hours.  Could I do it?  Was it even possible? 

Yes and yes.   But I would have to toss everything else to the side which was a challenge I was totally prepared and eager to accomplish.


Hush Hush is a great start to this saga which was filled with fallen angels, some wicked secrets, and unexpected plot twists which were nice.  This book was a great jump into a genre I’ve only glanced at in the past.  I can’t wait to read more of this genre as well as the author, I was excited to learn the continuation is available on Amazon.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't like comments? Please leave as many as you like...