Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Book Spotlight w/Interview: She's Alot like You By Faye Hall


She's Alot Like You

Faye Hall

Red Sage Publishing

Erotica romance, mystery

 



Willow Jameson knew nothing of her family’s pas or their connection to the Morgan family when she first met Re Morgan. All she seen was his ruggedly handsome appearance, his gentle words luring her into his strong embrace. What she found was a passion beyond compare.

She couldn’t have foreseen the lies and family betrayal that would inevitably rob her of the man she loved and forever change her life.

                             TEN YEARS LATER

Willow returned to the town life she loved so much, no longer ignorant to those who had separated her from the man she’d loved. She was back now to make those responsible pay for all they’d taken from her. In her search what she found was the hardened man Re Morgan had become…
…a man who’s mere glance reignited a passion she had thought long since forgotten.
Re Morgan had left a horde of jilted lovers in his trail. When he seen Willow again across the crowded dancehall, he wanted nothing more than to add her to this list. Re wanted little more than a short, heated affair.
What he became involved in was far more scandalous than he could have ever imagined.



Interview

Would you please introduce yourself and tell us what made you decide to write romance?


I'm Faye Hall, and I'm originally from a very little farming town in North, Queensland, Australia. I started writing in school, just little ditties and what not. I think I was about 15 when I wrote my first romance. Can't explain really, but the story just kinda came to me and wouldn't leave me until I started writing it down. From there I realized just how much I loved creating characters, loved more creating their stories.




Tell us which you prefer; an outline or going with the flow? Does it change with each book you write?

It does change with each book. I tend to jot down a few notes, outlines of what I'd like to happen in the story, but generally the end product is very much different.


How long does it take you to write a book? I imagine it gets easier and therefore goes more quickly with each book you write.

It can get easier sometimes. I still struggle with some sections of certain books, usually if it's something new I'm writing about. But usually the words flow pretty easily for the most part.


What is the best thing about being a romance writer? Do you or did you have any fears about writing?

The best part is being able to always give the characters a happy ending no matter what obstacles they face throughout the story. As for fear...I shut my eyes with every script I send in fearful it won't be good enough.


When your not writing, what activities do you get into?

I have a large family, between my husband and I we have 9 children, seven of which are at school, so that usually occupies most of my time.

(OMG!! 9!!! Jeezuz.)

I personally love to ask this question of anybody. If you hadn’t become a romance writer, what would you have done?

I really don't know actually. But I do love history so maybe a historian.


Have you ever thought about writing in any other romance genre?

My current style incorporates romance, erotica, mystery, murder, drama and suspense. So I guess in a perfect world you would say I've tried to join all my favorite genres together already.


Can you describe any challenges of writing historical romance? The obvious answer is researching, but any others?

For me it really is certain expressions, things that just weren't said back in the late 19th Century.


Do you start with character or plot? Where do you get ideas for your characters?

Plot usually comes first to me, and I usually work the characters around that. And a lot of the characters I've written about have actually been influenced by people I have known or met over the years.


Can you tell me a time when you were researching a book that you came across an interesting little tidbit?

I have always found Aboriginal traditional medicines and remedies fascinating! My first book incorporated a certain native Australia berrie that was often used as birth control.


Finally, can you tell us what is next for you? What your currently working on?

Well my second book, She's A lot Like You, has just been released. It's set in Ravenswood, Queensland, Australia, and gives a very different view of what is now known as a shabby little mining town. Quite a few skeletons being let out of closets in this one, all roped together with a murder or too, and not forgetting the passionate love that spans ten years. It really is a lovely story. And Red Sage Publishing has also contracted a third script from me, Mistress of Purity, which I hope to be starting edits on soon.


Thank you so much Faye, for taking the time to let my readers know more about you and your writing style.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't like comments? Please leave as many as you like...