Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Find

  I made the perfect discovery in an independently owned bookstore a few days after I moved to Los Angeles.  The bookstore?  The Last Bookstore in downtown LA on Spring st.  The find?  The Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.  Now, I've heard so much about this book, all of it good but I've never really actually really wanted to spend the time or the money to buy and read it.  Call it a mixture of too many other books to read and pure laziness, but this time I ran across it while looking for another title and I couldn't just pass it by when I saw the price of 3.99.  I figured what the heck, I'll read it fast no matter that that the size of the book baffled me.  But I have to say each time I put it down my mind is still in the story, I can't dismiss it no matter how hard I try.  The story is so well written it intrigues me into the impossible task of finishing the book in one night, but of course I can't do that because it's part of a series and if I finish it in the middle of the night, I would lie awake into the early hours of the morning for the bookstore to open just so I could groggily buy the next book Dragonfly in Amber.  I urge everyone interested even somewhat in history to go out and buy this book if you haven't done so already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't like comments? Please leave as many as you like...