Friday, July 13, 2012

Review: Bared To You by Sylvia Day


Title: Bared To You

Author: Sylvia Day

Publication: Berkley Trade (Penguin)

Release Date: June 12. 2012

Crossfire Series Bk 1

Genre: Labeled as Contemporary but I label it as Erotica









Our journey began in fire... Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness-beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily... Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires. The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart... 


My Review


                

                  When I read the blurb for Bared To You by Sylvia Day I was yearning to read it, but then I heard that it closely resembles Fifty Shades… Ok, so don’t ask me why I have a phobia of reading Fifty Shades of Grey; maybe it’s because it was so popular so fast and I was kind of skeptical of that.  But let me just revise my earlier consensus on Fifty Shades of Grey. Maybe I do have to read it because let me tell you, Bared To You blew my mind!
                The story was so erotic and charged with electricity and passion. Eva Tramell and Gideon Cross have this fiery connection that sizzles off every page I turn.  Day has a way with description that is just magnificent that I would love nothing better than to be immersed in her world and meet my own Gideon Cross because yes, everyone of us has scars and a troubled past; some more than others as witnessed by the main characters.
                I was shocked at the depth of horrific events that shaped Eva’s past and I think we got a glimpse into Gideon’s past if I’m not mistaken.  I have never witnessed or heard of sex being a scapegoat for communication, I know it’s a form of communication but never known a couple to use it to such extremes as Eva and Gideon did.  Don’t get me wrong, the sex was beyond drool worthy but no one can have sex that many times a day.  Can they?  And not hurt themselves?
                I highly recommend this book and am eagerly looking forward to the sequel Deeper In You, although I’ve heard they changed the title because the bookstores thought it was too suggestive.  Yeah.  I can see their point, it makes me want to have an orgasm just reading it.  The new title is entitled Reflected In You.




Photobucket



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous review! I have had this one on my TBR list since I read the blurb. I have not read Fifty Shades either and am not sure that I want to. Glad you enjoyed this one. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Megan!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't like comments? Please leave as many as you like...