Saturday, May 4, 2013

Review: Freed by Kenya Wright





Freed
Kenya Wright
April 19, 2013
Vampire King Series bk 3











Blood paints the Quiet King’s castle. Humans and vampires flee the city. War will come. The only questions are where and who will be on what side?


Brie, Samuel, and Ian return for the final installment of the Vampire King trilogy where all mysteries are solved and further secrets are revealed.


Excerpt


I closed the distance between us and pressed my dick against the curve of her succulent ass. “No. We can talk to Leeta through the door.”

“Get away from me.” She slipped away.

I seized her waist to stop her. “I’m so sorry.”

“You don’t get to touch me anymore.”

I held my growl in. The deep animal sound lodged in my throat. My fangs exploded out of my mouth, but luckily her back was still to me, so she couldn’t see.

She cracked the door open. “What’s wrong, Leeta?”

“You look better and you’re up,” Leeta said.

“What do you want?” I asked through clenched teeth. My dick begged to be closer to Brie, to have me rub the throbbing tip against her. I imagined kneeling down behind her, parting her buttocks with my hands, and licking that sweet cunt from behind. Hot flesh would surround my tongue. Her arousal would pour down around me and I’d lap it up along with that special bud between her thighs.

“Ian is our friend.” Brie shrugged. “If he says he was trapped in a room with dominas, I believe him.”

“But he’s demanding to see you.” Leeta’s voice rushed out in a strained tone.

“Ian? What about Ian?” Claws ripped through my fingertips.

“Did you not hear a word?” Brie glanced over her shoulder. Her gaze snapped to my hand as I caressed the head of my dick. When did I grab it? I don’t remember touching myself.

“I didn’t hear anything.” I released myself.

“Get sex off of your mind.”

The muscle in my jaw twitched. My groin heated. For an odd reason, the more she fought me, the more I yearned to fuck her.

“I’m fine.”

“Tell the guards to stop pointing their swords at Ian and let him into our room,” Brie said.

Part of me was thrilled she said our room. The other part plummeted into rage at the thought of Ian, another vampire king, so close to her.

Why did she want him inside here? Is she planning on trying to replace me or make me jealous? I’ll kill him right as he steps over the threshold. I’ll spray his blood all over the room. And then I’ll take her right there, on top of his body, so she will know never to push me too far.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea, Brie,” Leeta whispered.

Brie let out an exasperated breath. “Why not?”

“He’s carrying a dead woman in her hands. The corpse from the Quiet King’s bedroom.”

“His first queen.” Brie twisted her lips to the side. “Don’t worry about that. Let him in.”

The door closed. Brie turned to me and adjusted the sheet so it covered more of her. “Why do you have your claws out?”

Because you’re about to flaunt your lover in front of me.

I retracted the claws and stalked around her. My hooves banged against the floor. “Who is he to you, queen?”

Panic spread across her face, but she remained where she stood and formed her hands into fists. I picked a feisty one. She’ll never stand down, even when she’s supposed to. I’ll have to teach her.

“Ian is only Ian to me.” Her bottom lip quivered. “Nothing else. Why don’t you go into the bathroom and put a towel on or—”

Within seconds, I picked her up, slung her on the bed, and got on top of her. “And what will you do with him when I’m gone?”

A sharp point pierced my stomach. The bite of her dagger burned into my flesh. I cried in pain. When did she grab it? Where did it come from? She’s so fast now. She got to that dagger too quickly.


Review



               I just finished the last book in another series that I did not want to end.  Freed by Kenya Wright was passionately and intensely erotic (as you can probably see from the above excerpt).  Sometimes it went past the boundaries that I would have liked, but more on that later.

Kenya Wright started her Vampire King series with Escape, continued with Captured, and it ends with Freed.  In Freed we see Brie resurrected into a Blood Mage after Samuel’s mother killed her, Samuel  obviously went apeshit on anyone and everyone that conspired against them.  Now Brie has insurmountable powers, powers that make her lust for Samuel insane.  Lust that makes her need more than one king inside of her;  to make her cumming complete she needs Ian as well.  I was shocked…and a little turned off when Ian joined in Samuel and Brie’s need for each other.  It was one thing for him to watch every now and then, but it threw me for a loop when he joined in at Brie’s request and Samuel’s compliance.  And it probably only turned me off because Samuel was so insistent that no one touch his Queen, not even to shake hands.  And that total turn around for Ian although I knew it was coming still shocked me.

That being said, with the help of the enemy tribe, the Mage Samuel, Ian, and Brie were able to kill the Quiet King and restore peace to the land.  

There are a lot of surprises in store for the reader, one being Samuel’s transformation as well as Ian’s.
I was happy that I got to read one book after another in this series, that is really unheard of.  Most of the time you have to wait probably a year before you get to see what happens next with the characters you’ve invested your heart and soul in for 384 pages or so.  But with this series, I never forgot who grabbed my heart and why;  one of the beauties of self-publishing.

As I conclude my journey with Samuel and Brie, I can’t help but want to read more of Kenya Wright’s work.  I will be hoping it is just as passionate and sexually intense as the Vampire King books were.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't like comments? Please leave as many as you like...