Friday, May 31, 2013

Review: Losing it by Cora Carmack






Losing It

Cora Carmack


Feb. 26, 2013




Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.



Review 

                    Losing it was one of those books I heard catcalls about long before the publication date, needless to say I was very excited to read it…up until I saw the cover.  This is another glorifying example of why you should never…ever judge a book by it’s cover.

                     The guy, Garrick looks like he could be in high school instead of teaching as a professor at one…which is what Garrick actually does.  He also looks…dare I say?  Kinda gay.  Bliss on the other hand looks to me like a young mother and not a 22 year old about to graduate.

                           Anyway, despite my indifference of the book cover, I decided to give it a go with the insides of the book since I really only had about a week left of my Netgalley rental, and I really hate to NOT read a book that’s on my shelf.

I am so glad I read Losing It by Cora Carmack!

It is billed as a New Adult, which I’m just starting to crave reading.  Bliss and Garrick meet before she ever learns that he is her acting professor at school, so they have to keep it on the down low until Bliss graduates.  Which is really hard for both of them and for us as readers.  Bliss and Garrick don’t actually have sex until the end of the book which means Carmack has to add even more gripping dialogue, sexual tension, and what have you to the story.

And BOY!  Does she EVER!

Granted, I was a little iffy about Garrick being Bliss’s teacher.  There’s just something weird and icky about that to me.  Anyway Losing It was such a good love story that you couldn’t help rooting for them to get  and stay together.   And I almost forgot that Garrick was her teacher.  And even though I dread reading the last page of a really good book, I was even happy for the ending of this one.


I can’t wait to read Faking It, which is the next one in this series.


 photo 4star2.png
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't like comments? Please leave as many as you like...