Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Review: Deceptive Innocence by Kyra Davis



Title: Deceptive Innocence

Author: Kyra Davis

Publisher: Pocket Star-Simon & Schuster

Release Date: January 13, 2014


Ever since her mother died while serving time for a murder she didn't commit, Bell's been focused on one thing: revenge. She knows her mother was set up by the powerful Gable family, international bankers who will crush anyone for profit, or amusement. Now she's determined to take the Gables down.

Seducing her way into the life--and bed--of the family's rebellious youngest son, Lander, she figures it should be easy to uncover the secrets she needs to destroy his family. But Lander turns out to be more complicated than Bell expected. He's intelligent, mysterious--and their sexual chemistry is off the charts. Lander is still the target, but once Bell gives in to her desire to touch him, he starts seeming much less like an enemy--which is why her anger is more necessary than ever.



            I’m so glad I picked this book to read out of all the books I have on my NetGalley dashboard.  I would classify Bellona-the heroine-as Nikkita on a mission that gets tangled in the games of love when she gets involved with the wrong man.  Lander Gables-now there’s a name-is the youngest son of the man who Bellona believes framed her mother for a crime that he-the father-actually committed.

       Part one of the story begins four years after Bellona’s mother commits suicide in prison, and understandably Bellona wants revenge on the people, the family she thinks put her mother in prison.

      Deceptive Innocence was not the kind of story I expected from a chick lit author, I was reminded strongly of Gideon in Bared To You, but Lander is…softer where Gideon was all hard edges.  The sex is mind blowing and intense, and the cliff hanger leaves you thinking that there is more to Lander Gables that we still have yet to meet.

      Part one was more Bellona’s story which leaves me wondering and hoping that in part two that we will get to see and experience more of who Lander Gables really is.

      And of course, there is more to Deceptive Innocence than just Bellona and Lander; the secondary characters really stood out to me.  I really felt for Jessica Gable and I just wanted to box Travis Gable between the ears!

       I just can’t wait for Part two, I may have to find a way to sneak a copy tonight.  There is just no way I can sleep and not know what happens when Lander finds out who Bellona really is.



 photo 4star2.png


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't like comments? Please leave as many as you like...