Thursday, November 19, 2015

First Review of 2015: Wyoming Rugged by Diana Palmer







Title:Wyoming Rugged
Author:Diana Palmer
Series:Wyoming Men #5
Publisher:HQN Books
Release Date:November 24th, 2015
        320 pgs.





Billionaire oilman Blair Coleman has always taken care of his business. After having been used and cast aside by a woman he thought he loved, his personal life is far from his first priority. He knows only one has ever truly cared for him—but the irresistible blonde beauty is the daughter of his best friend.


Ashton has seen her father's friend wounded and she's seen him fight. Blair is the strongest—and most stubborn—man she's ever known. That very heart and passion makes him the man of her dreams, but whenever they've been in danger of getting close, Blair has always pushed her away.

It takes a possible tragedy to strip away all of Blair's misgivings. Now it's all or nothing: marriage, baby, family, forever. But will the choice be too much for Niki…or too late?


REVIEW



I was very excited to read Diana Palmer’s latest installation in her Wyoming Men series Wyoming Rugged.

You see, I have been on a loooooooooong reading hiatus. And I thought; what better way to get back into the groove than Diana Palmer?

I admit, I was hooked from page one. But I soon realized Diana Palmer just might be like Danielle Steel, in that they have the same generic outline of a book and they just change the characters names along with a few key facts.
I mean, don’t get me wrong. I love Palmer and am slightly horrified to be classifying her into any one group. But reading Wyoming Rugged took me back to the 1980’s. Lacy was my favorite Favorite Silhouette at the time. I loved reading about the tall, older cowboy/millionaire and the small frail heroine who has loved him ever since she was a little girl. But I get the feeling that the books in between Lacy and Wyoming Rugged have all been the same. I would love someone-maybe one of my followers-to tell me differently, but..I have to say I did enjoy reading about Blair and Nikki and all that sexual tension.
What I did not like though and I found surprising that she even put in the book was Nikki’s suicide attempt, if you would call it that. Not to mention all the Facebook references. I get that she wants to keep things modern but reading about Facebook in a romance just leaves a funny taste in my mouth.

I just hate reading about women who can’t take care of themselves, I think that’s why I took a break from reading Diana Palmer in the first place. But I must say. I DO enjoy the sexual tension.

BUT, when it came time to do the deed. It was less than satisfying for being Diana Palmer. It felt like an older man was having sex with a teenager, it didn’t feel like…it didn’t feel like a love union. It didn’t feel like Diana Palmer wrote it.
I was disappointed with book 5 in the Wyoming Men series by Diana Palmer. Hopefully this was just a one-time thing.

 photo 3star2.png
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't like comments? Please leave as many as you like...