Sunday, March 5, 2017

Review: A Lady's Code of Misconduct by Meredith Duran






 Review



 Meredith Duran is a new author to me and I am so glad that I tried her.  I fell in love with the cover first of all, and then the blurb.  I love a heroine who is closeted away only to spring free with the help of a handsome hero.  Although Crispin doesn't know his role in her charade.

And although I hate politics, talking about it, reading about it, listening to it.  I really didn't mind it interwoven into this story, maybe because of what happened to Crispin.  Who knows.

And Jane is no ordinary heroine.  Although her name is plain, she is anything but.  She has been closeted for years, yes.  But she knows how to run a household and stand her ground. 

Duran did a good job making Crispin into the good guy once he had his accident, but even before you could see the elements of a good guy deep inside and the inevitable  romance brewing which I loved.  The romance kind of took a back seat, there wasn't much sexual tension interwoven throughout the story, but toward the end you could definitely tell they were falling for each other from the beginning.

All in all, A Lady's Code of Misconduct is a win for me, and I can't wait to read more from Meredith Duran.
 photo paws.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't like comments? Please leave as many as you like...