Sunday, April 8, 2012

New Author Showcase


Title: Running Hot
Author: Stephanie Hecht
Publisher: Extasy Books
Source: Omnilit/Allromance
     77 pgs. long
Rating: 5

                           Just read a digital read by a new author( for me at least) that I got from Omnilit's Earth Day series showcase (that they just happen to mention in their fantastic newsletter) where they feature the first e-book in a series, and that book also happens to be FREE!(It was, but now it's only 3.99).  I just love the month of April!
     Anyway Running Hot is the first book up in the EMS series by Stephanie Hecht (who I've never heard of before but just dying to read every single e book of hers).
      Here is a little summary: (From the author's website)



A thrill of excitement always went through paramedic James Willson whenever he transported a patient to St. Michael’s hospital, but it had nothing to do with the rush of the job. It was one of the emergency department doctors that set his heart racing—the very sexy, very aloof Calvin Dane. For months now, James has admired Calvin from afar, but has never dared act on his feelings since the doctor didn’t seem to return his interest. Then one intimate encounter in the back of his ambulance forever changes things between the two men. But does the doctor truly care for James or is he just looking for a brief hookup? And can James’s heart survive the hurt if Calvin forever turns his back on what could have been?

       Being in the healthcare field I see EMS every single day coming in transporting patients, I never really gave it much thought that they could be gay or even bisexual.  My mind is just as selfish as my heart I guess.  I mean all the hot one's(and trust me, they are ALL hot) have to be straight right?  RIGHT?  Not exactly.  Now, when I go into work I won't be able to stop myself when I see a tall, good looking EMS swagger in and think...is he?
     I could put an excerpt up as well, but that would defeat the whole purpose of checking out Hecht's web page as well as all the other series she has in store for your reading pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't like comments? Please leave as many as you like...