Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Review: The Bed and the Bachelor by Tracy Anne Warren



Title: The Bed and the Bachelor
Author: Tracey Anne Warren
Publication: Avon
Release Date: July 26, 2011
Series: Bryons of Braebourne bk 5
Source: www.curledup.com
Rating: Photobucket



Lord Drake Byron has no time in his busy life to worry about taking a wife. He is more interested in the unbreakable code he has developed to defeat Napoleon’s forces. Little does he know that the irresistibly lovely new housekeeper he’s hired is really a French secret agent.

Sebastianne Dumont is not at all who she seems to be. Forced to spy to save her family, she embarks on a mission that takes an even more dangerous turn when she falls in love with the surprisingly tempting man she must ultimately betray. And if she succeeds in her mission, will she also break Lord Drake’s heart, while leaving her own behind?


     I had a very hard time getting into the last book in this series by Warren.  Well, I actually had a hard time getting into any of her books; I have found out simply because they are so tame.  I like a lot of passion in my books and loads of sexual tension.  And also, if the characters aren't doing it for me, I like the plot to guide my hand in turning the pages.  And vice versa if the plot isn't working for me.  Neither the characters nor the plot worked for me at all.  In fact I found myself skimping pages to get to the mind numbing conclusion.
                I have read books by Warren that I like.  I think.  I just can't remember.  Although I do have high hopes for her next series entitled The Princess Bride.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't like comments? Please leave as many as you like...